Monday, July 11, 2011

Coming Back Home

 It was horrible, it all starts when I was ten years old, I just came back from school entered my playroom and everything was different. Imagine that place where you used to go and play all days and nights and now it became a place were you are supposed to just sit down on a chair and work on a desk, it was a nightmare for a girl of ten years.

I used to have a lot of toys, because my mom was one of those who like their kids to be happy and play.

My playroom was a place that every little kid dreams of, it has everything, toys, TV, and a castle, that was made with the material they use for tents, in which I used to play as if I was a princess or sleep when a friend come over my house. When my friends used to come and play, everybody was so anxious because they could play anywhere, and everything only girls really liked to play because I didn’t have boy’s toys.  

It is located on the first floor of my house, as you entered my house from the front door is the first room at the right. When you opened the door it is a “horrible disaster” as my mom used to said, the only thing you saw were toys and things on the floor, walls painted of my beautiful drawings, lines of a lot of colors actually, when I drew them I supposed those were princes or stuff because my mom used to tell that when I draw on walls I always said like, “look this is Snow White playing with animals” and it was so funny because when you saw the drawings they all look like lines and lines and my circles actually looks like squares, it was fun.

So when you give one step into the room, you feel that smell of baby dolls, or my perfume, because I used to play with dolls and treat them like really babies since I used to see how my mom take care of my little sister. It was a horrible smell I remember, because I put like the whole bottle on them, I also love painting their nails and they look pretty cool, original I would said, I also paint their hair and cut it.

The room was painted with white and an edge in the middle of the wall with horses and baby’s stuff. I used to have furniture with a lot of drawers in which I put all my Barbie’s cloth. At the end of the room, in one of the corners I have a kitchen, it was a little kitchen with a lot of fake food, plates and everything a kitchen has, and behind it I have a McDonald’s cash register, with its menu and a lot of McDonald’s food on it, it was all colored red, it also have those little bags of ketchup, and its Sundays it had everything, also hot cakes with their honey. At the end of the room was a window, in which I used to play as if the people was there ordering McDonald’s and I was the one in charge of make the food and give it to them.

On the other corner was the washer, fake actually, it was so little, you can put cloth on it and just pull a lever up and down and the cloth moves as if you were washing it, and then comes the dryer, in which you have to do the same as the washer, and at the end was a little table in which you put the cloth and take the iron and start ironing it, it was all white and the washer has kind of a window in which you can see the cloth moving, and the rest of the dryer was blue, it was all joint together.

In the wall behind the door, long wall actually, were located all my Barbie’s with their houses, cars and clothes, it was a disaster, because I hated put all in order, and I used the excuse of “I am playing and I will live it like that because I will continue later” and I actually don’t it all stay the same for weeks.

At the middle of the room were all my babies with their diapers, carriages, baby carriers and all the cloth all packed in order as if they were real babies, I also have that place where you change them, and on the sides it has its powders and baby cream and toys in case the baby starts crying. The furniture has a lot of drawers in which I put all their cloths and put in order all the baby stuff.

It actually looks like a circle where you can only surround it, and play, but nobody saw that place clean, only five minutes after my employed cleans it, but after that it was a whole mess.  This place, in which I used to spent most of my time until I was ten years old, it was never the same as it was before, because now you enter and it looks like an office, with books, papers and desks. The day I came back and saw my playroom like an office I cry a lot, as if somebody died, it was horrible, imagining that you’ll never played with that again. Since that day I never played I get really mad with my mom, that was one of the most horrible nightmares of my infancy, that I would always remember.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie:

    Cloth = Clothes, or piece of clothing (as in what you put in the washing machine).

    Just a couple of notes: watch your comma usage. Overall, you use them well, but sometimes you use them when you could use a period instead. Also, make sure to check present/past tense differences in what you're writing.

    You break up your paragraphs naturally well, and really provide a great description of this place you used to love so much.

    What I would have loved to know, is how your introduction of a "ten-year-old's nightmare" of sitting in a chair fits into the idea of the playroom. What happened when you became too old to play there? Has the room changed and become something else? A computer room? A spare bedroom?

    I think there is more story here, and I'd like to know the rest.

    Overall, great work! Just be sure to follow through with the whole story--even if it takes you past 650 words. :)

    ReplyDelete