Monday, July 18, 2011

This is what I just asked...



I’m sitting in the rocking chair, actually, doing nothing. I’m on the computer with my head and my body on a position like if I’m on my bed, I’m writing, the only thing I can hear is the playing song “You belong to me” from Taylor Swift out loud, and some kind of laughs out there that I can really get the point of them, it’s so cold that I had put myself up three times to get more cloth to keep me warm. I’m watching how a significant person can take away the attention of one of the most important person in your life, actually two of them, and still I continue acting like if nothing happens.

Since last year my mom starts dating someone, I didn’t put full attention because I was stressed of my trip and school’s first day coming, that I didn’t have time for my mom’s problems. When she talked to me about him, I wasn’t paying attention to what she was saying, until I heard “I truly love him”, those four words together, making sense and running throw my head like a minute and realizing that my mom had just said that, was a new feeling, I had never seen my mom so in love since, since I don’t know… forever maybe?

When my mom had one month of dating him, she decided to bring him home. I was so nervous, more than her, to finally have the opportunity to meet him. All this month I imagined him old, with some gray hair, lovely, tall, kind, and a good person as my mom replied every day. Before I saw him for the first time, my mom told me to added him to Facebook, when I saw him the whole picture I had of him on my mind got totally erased. The only sentence that run throw my head while I was looking at his pictures where “Damn, where do my mom found this one?”

It was around six o’clock, I was on my room getting dressed hearing music when the phone rings, it was he, my mom picks up the phone, I put my face out my room to hear who it was and what my mom was saying, until I heard, “Okay, hold on I will go out and open the door”. My nervousness leave my body, thanks God, and I went down stairs, directly to the kitchen, I pick a glass and went to the freezer and put some cold water, after three seconds of drinking my water I heard some footsteps coming throw the front door, and it was he with my mom, I didn’t want to leave the kitchen, I was so shy that I keep waiting there for my mom to call my name and to come and say hello, but she didn’t, I think she forget it or something, so I went out and I just saw my mom kissing him, they start acting randomly when they noticed I was looking at them. My mom introduced us, when I saw him I saw an old man, gray gray hair, around 1.70cm tall, a little bit fat, and he looks like a Golden Retriever dog, his smell was awesome as he took me closer to his chest to give me a hug, and his personality was nice with no problems, he starts making jokes with my mom and he passed the whole night asking my sister and me questions about life, I felt like if he was a total stranger that want to take us or something. My first impression was that he were the man I was just asking God to came and make my family happy, and that he’s not going make my mom feel angry as she used to be and I will hang out more with me friends.

By the months all I expected occurred, I start going more out, he took my mom to places at night, and my life was really nice since he appear on it.

But life is never as in movies, happy, so problems start arriving. The man I used to think he was, starts turning backwards to the man I’d never imagine of. My mom starts changing with me, she never puts me attention, and she was only talking of him saying how happy she was to find him. I got very mad like every day and by the days passed I start getting even madder, and my mom still acting like if she didn’t noticed how I feel. My life starts getting like a horrible nightmare, I would be glad to wake up, but I didn’t, all this bad nights and afternoon continue during two months. When he was home my mom didn’t put us attention, but when he wasn’t my mom was a total number one fan of him, seriously, she was so so so so in love, that the love she had start bothering.

Months passed, he continue making my life miserable, and the sad part was that he give me everything I wanted or asked for and try to make me happy in order to like him, but I was so angry that I never feel like being happy with him.

By the time, I start thinking that if I was going to continue acting like a little baby and trying to get their attention was never going to work. So I start acting like if I was happy with him, because actually, he wasn’t the one of the problem, it was my mom, so I start changing and by the time I realized that he was AWESOME, I start laughing every time he came over my house, and for now sometimes he make my mom change but he knows what I feel when he do it so he try to tell my mom. We act like a  family, I had never felt that sensation of sharing with a “Dad” and that’s why I feel weird when it all starts, but now I can say that this is what I just asked since my mom got divorced, and we stay alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment