Monday, July 25, 2011

I JUST… NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT

I stayed quietly during the long conversation, eating the huge bag of Tortrix. I just finished them; she was talking about her favorite food and how for the first time she tasted it, until suddenly she starts crying. It was weird, she was so happy just a moment ago and three seconds later she starts crying…

This is how I met one of the funniest and most annoying person, with a sad story behind her.

It all started on the first day of school, I was so anxious to go back and see all the known faces of my friends, but besides that, I was really nervous because for the first time I was on the high school’s building. Coming back, sitting on a desk in which you are supposed to be sited until the rest of the year, sounded creepy, and being one of the little ones in high school, even more.

When we went to reassess, everyone started laughing and talking about us, for being the little ones in school, that was one of the most embarrassing moments. But now I’m almost a senior, so we are the ones who bother and laugh about the little ones, I think its something normal but cruel at the same time. But lets get back to that reassess; I was going down to the cafeteria, until I heard a girl screaming my name behind me. I turned around and I didn’t recognize that face, I just remember Carmen introduced us and that her name was Jacky but that was all.

She was tall, brown and had curly hair, but her hair was so weird I mean, the only thing you could see were curls and it was so spongy, her face looked like the girl that appears in “Moppets” it’s a movie I think or I don’t know I haven’t seen it, and of course she was so thin, but besides that she would still say she was fat.

She came running, like if we had known each other for really long years, and told me that she was going that way too so she asked if she could come with me, I didn’t want to sound cruel and because she was new, I agreed. We both were going to buy a sandwich, and since she asks me to come with me until we reach the cafeteria, I have just known her long long life. While we were ordering our sandwiches, she didn’t even stop talking about just… whatever, her life, about boys and stuff I just can’t remember. Just for you to know, I’m one of those persons who like to talk and comment about things, but she talked and talked that I couldn’t even take a breath, she started getting so annoying.

Since that moment I couldn’t get her off my back, it sounds cruel and mean but it was the truth, so I continued acting as if I liked her. I start hanging out with Carmen and some other friends and there she was, talking like always, I tried to ignore her.

Until one day she invited me to a sleepover at her house, eventually as everyone of my group agreed, I agreed obviously. When I arrived to her house, I saw that it was a beautiful house it was painted with yellow and red colors, when we went upstairs we went to her bedroom that was near the stairs, it was painted blue with a lot of posters on her wall, her bed and a desk in which I supposed she do her homework, I put my stuff on the chair near the desk and we started waiting on the bed while waiting for the others to come over, but nobody did. So I think it was going to be just the two of us.

We started to talk, we were in the kitchen drinking some hot tea with a huge bag of Tortrix, and believe me or not, I found out she was interesting; she started confessing a lot of things. One of them was why she came to my school, and how she felt being the “new kid”, there were no good reasons to tell you the truth, she was kind of sad when she told me that , and so on… I feel bad because I was one of those persons that made her life on school miserable even thought she didn’t know the truth behind the lie. She started telling me things I would never think about her. I stayed quietly during the long conversation, eating Tortrix, I just finished them; seriously it was so interesting, she was talking about her favorite food and how she proved it, until suddenly she started crying. It was so weird and rare because she was so happy and three seconds later she started crying, I asked her what was wrong, but she refused to tell me. I was so shocked that I tried to convince her, until she told me the phrase I would never forget, it was horrible, a nightmare, EVERYTHINGGGGGG! But good, she told me “I am anorexic and a bulimic” OH MY GOD! Seriously I just… FREAKED OUT!!!! I didn’t know what to do so I stayed there watching her for a long time, even when I write and tell this story my hands still tremble. When she told me about it, she made me promise that I would never talk to anyone about this, and I promised.

Going back to reality was difficult, I just couldn’t even see her as I saw her before, as “the girl that never shut up” but I tried to help her. The first thing I wanted to do was to tell her mom, or a teacher, but I promised her I wouldn’t open my mouth. Since that I still blame myself for not being a real friend and trying to help her, but when you are in those situations the only thing you don’t want to do is make that person feel even worst. She didn’t help to pass throw all this, her lunch box was filled with food, DELICIOUS FOOD, and even that she didn’t open it, she just left the food there. She starts becoming thinner every day; she looks like a skull or something like that, her grades were becoming lower than ever, and just imagine before she told me that her grades were between 70s and 80s and after that she got zeros, 30s and so on… I tried to help her, by telling her those things but she didn’t pay me any attention or she just say “I don’t know why I told you this, I regret it”.

It was the end of last year and she started eating less and less than she did before, even a tree looked fatter than her… Since that day I realized that some people can have pain inside, and even though there are some people who make them feel more pain, they can still seem strong…

No comments:

Post a Comment